Popular Posts

Monday, November 19, 2007

Friends



If you only had 6 friends this would be much easier...

But if you're like me, you may need an addOn.

Friends are a funny thing. At some point someone you group with says "Great group ! Put me on your friends list and let me know if you ever need help !" How many times does that person never group with you again ?

Then there's the ignore list . I'm pretty sure, if someone ninjas my loot, I want them on ALL my ignore lists .

There's a couple of ways to handle friends . HoloFriends handles them all . With control to copy friend/ignore lists across alts, add notes to both, AND to sort lists by any category you want, there's not much more I could even think of adding . It's a great option that I can't believe Blizz hasn't put in yet. First thing I did was sort my friends by Guildies, People for Rep, People for PVP, Crafters, and RL friends . You can then go to each character and add a personal note, such as "Pervy (paladin) Hates healing" . It saves me a lot of time knowing who can/will do what before I ask every single person on my list . My only complaint is you have to manually choose which friends to share with which lists .

If you're looking for a simpler way to just keep your lists matching on all your alts FriendsShare Resurrection is for you . Very lightweight and no setup . It auto adds and removes friends/ignores on all your alts, and is sorted per server .

addOns tested:

FriendShare (25k)

FriendsShare Resurrection (10k)

FriendSync (had an error)

FriendMinder (had an error)

Friends With Benefits (70k)

HoloFriends (139k)

1 comment:

  1. Glass Cannon ProductionsNovember 20, 2007 at 3:13 PM

    Good suggestions... I personally use Opium Addon, found at Curse Gaming. It is supposed to be a KOS list, but you can add alliance names to the list and put "good tank" or "went with guild to kara" or whatever... then when you mouse over that person it will cause a bell to chime in and you'll see your reason pop up on the screen why they are on your list.

    ReplyDelete