Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

LFG!!!



Chuck Norris once had to use the LFG channel... Once.

Thank you whoever made this picture !

Ok ok, so Chuck would never have to use LFG, something about roundhouse to the face. But for the rest of us who occasionally have to PUG it, this is for you.

I actually have to PUG a lot, and with a few 70's it can be a pain.

I started looking for tools to help making groups easier. In the past I've tried a lot of different addOns that did a lot of different things. One addOn let me just type in a message and it would spam that message to any channels I set at any interval I set. Another filtered the LFG channel to only show messages that contained key words of instances that were in my current character's level range. Both of those I liked but have not been maintained and are therefore buggy or just don't work.

The simple solution I decided on was to just stay in the LFG channel and watch for a group that I could use on any char and then swap.

Problem 1: every time you change zones, character, or almost anything else, LFG turns off

Problem 2: every time you group with someone, for a trade sale, buffing a friend, or a group that falls apart before it gets started, LFG turns off

Solution: get an AddOn that keeps it turned on

Both AutoLFG and LFG Channel Always get the job done, but in testing the latter seemed to have less instances of not enabling, and used less memory overall.

Either way, don't let Chuck roundhouse your LFG channel. Get one of these addOns and Happy Grouping!

AddOns tested:

AutoLFG (374k)

LFG Channel Always (31k)

No comments:

Post a Comment